Wednesday, January 10, 2018

God's Favor

Scripture:

Genesis 30:27 "Please listen to me, Laban replied, I have become wealthy, for the Lord has blessed me because of you."

Observation:

Jacob had worked for his father in law for a long time and was telling him it was time for him to be on his own and provide for his own family.  Laban, the father in law, realized his flocks had done amazing under Jacob's shepherding.  He realized that his wealth had greatly increased and realized that it was because of the Lord's blessing on Jacob's life.

Application:

When God blesses His children, even their employers will realize they are blessed because God's child works for them.  When the favor of God really comes on a person's life, everything they touch becomes prosperous.  Just as with Jacob, God still blesses His people and those around them will be blessed by association.

Prayer:

Father, let Your favor be on my life.  May those around me see that You are incredible and that You bless your children.  Let my life bring You praise and glory.  Bless the work of my hands and let them prosper.  Bless our congregations and let them prosper.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment