Thursday, January 18, 2018

Bold Proclamation

Scripture:

Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many Pharisees and Sadducees coming to watch him baptize, he denounced them.  'You brood of snakes!' he exclaimed.  'Who warned you to flee the coming wrath?'"

Observation:

John the Baptist didn't sugarcoat anything when he dealt with religious people.  He went straight at them.  Jesus called him the greatest of the prophets.  He truly spoke what he felt without trying to make it easier or more palatable for the Pharisees or Saducees.

Application:

When God calls us to say the hard things, are we going to listen and communicate what we feel He wants us to?  When God wants to rebuke people, can He do it through me?  When God wants to confront things, can He do it through me?  I need to be willing to let God use me in more than one way.

Prayer:

Father, make me more willing to confront, speak up, and say hard things.  Help me to say what You want said, in the way You want it said.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment