Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Spirit Within

Scripture:

Ezekiel 36:27 "And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep mine ordinances, and do them."

Observation:

This is a prophecy about Israel returning to its God-given land after being exiled, it so beautifully demonstrates some NT ideas to us.  When the people come back to their land, God says He will put His Spirit within them and cause them to follow His ways and laws.

Application:

In the New Testament, the Holy Spirit comes into all of those who are children of God.  Jesus said the Spirit would no longer be upon you, but IN you.  Think about the fact that the Spirit of the living God lives in us for a moment.  If that is true, then we have the power to do whatever is necessary to live in obedience to our Father and to fulfill His will in the earth.  We are not left powerless, but He has put His own Spirit in us.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk in the Spirit daily and not to be led by my flesh.  Jesus died so Your Spirit could help me live life the way You want me to.  You have opened the way for the incredible Spirit-filled life.  Help me to to walk in the power of Your Spirit and to realize what tools I have to do Your will.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment