Thursday, November 16, 2017

Teach My People

Scripture:

Ezekiel 44:23 "And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean."

Observation:

God was telling the priests that their job was to teach the difference between what was holy and what was common.  He also wanted them to teach what was clean and unclean.  He wanted His people to know right from wrong and for them to follow Him according to His ways.

Application:

In today's society, church leaders try to give people what they want instead of what they need.  We want people to come to our churches, so we don't teach on sin and obedience, we just want to give them messages that will build them up and encourage them to come back.  God wants His priests to tell the people what is right and wrong, what is clean and unclean, what is holy and unholy.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to teach the ways of God clearly and accurately.  I want You to come to the church You have entrusted to me.  Help me to teach right and wrong.  Help me to accurately divide the word of truth.  Open my ears to hear and declare what You want for Your people.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment