Monday, November 6, 2017

God Hates False Prophecy

Scripture:

Ezekiel 13:23 "Therefore ye shall no more see false visions, nor divine divinations:  and I will deliver my people out of your hand; and ye shall know that I am Jehovah."

Observation:

In this chapter, as well as most of Ezekiel, the Lord rails against false prophets who prophesy wrongly in the name of the Lord.  God wants His people delivered from those who prophesy falsely.  God takes this extremely seriously.

Application:

When we prophesy to people, we need to be accurate about what we are saying.  Misrepresenting the Lord is dangerous ground.  There are many today who are claiming "thus saith the Lord", who are not accurately representing the word of the Lord.  We will all stand before the Lord one day, may we hear him say, "well done" instead of, "get away from me", You wrongly represented me.

Prayer:

Father, open my ears to hear Your voice.  Open my eyes to truly see what You are doing at all times.  Give me confidence in hearing Your voice so that I can deliver the words You speak accurately.  Help me not to speak out of my own spirit, but to speak on Your behalf.  Flow through me accurately and let me represent you well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment