Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Sacrifice of Praise

Scripture:

Hebrews 13:15 "Through Him then let us offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of lips which make confession to his name."

Observation:

The author of Hebrews tells us we should offer up a continual sacrifice of praise.  We should be confessing his name at all times.  This is a sacrifice we must offer continually and without reservation.  God wants our praise at all times.

Application:

We are not to praise God only when things are going wonderful in our lives.  A sacrifice is something that costs you.  Praise isn't a sacrifice when everything is going great.  It is a sacrifice when nothing seems to be going well.  We must learn that God is worthy of praise, whether He is doing what we want Him to in our lives.  My praise cannot be determined by my feelings, but by my faith.

Prayer:

Lord, let my faith be stronger.  Help me to praise you in the storm.  Teach me to continually have praise on my lips.  I want my life to honor You.  When I don't feel like it, help me to praise You.  You are worthy of all my praise.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment