Friday, September 15, 2017

Spousal Perception

Scripture:

Song of Solomon 4:7  "Thou art all fair, my love; and there is no spot in thee".

Observation:

In this text I see a person in love, who is telling his lover his thoughts about her.  He says that she is "all fair" and that there is "no spot in thee".  When the author sees his love, he sees no imperfections.  He sees no spots in her life.  He sees everything about her as "all fair".

Application:

When we first fall in love with someone, we tend to only see the good about them.  We tend to only see the positive in them.  As we grow in our relationship, we tend to see all the things we don't like about them.  I need to get back to the place where I see my wife as "all fair" with "no spots".

Prayer:

Lord, help me to see my wife the way you see her.  Help me to see her as all fair and with out spots.  Forgive me for judging her and not appreciating her like I should.  Teach me to love my wife and show me how to communicate that well to her.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment