Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Send Me

Scripture:

Isaiah 6:8  "And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then I said, Here am I; send me".

Observation:

Isaiah had an incredible encounter with God and the cherubim and seraphim.  He saw the Lord high and lifted up with His glory filling the Temple.  After the angel had cleansed his lips, the Lord spoke to him and asked him who could the Lord send to represent him and speak for him.  Isaiah replied, "Here am I, send me".

Application:

When we have had an encounter with God like Isaiah did, it is easy to say, "Here am I, send me".  When we haven't had quite that powerful of an encounter, the Lord still wants our hearts to say, Here am I, send me to be Your voice, Your hands, Your feet, to my generation.  When we humble ourselves and offer ourselves to the Lord, He will raise us up and allow us to speak on His behalf.  Can the Lord trust us with His message to our generation?  We must offer God all of ourselves.

Prayer:

Lord, I give you my life.  I lay myself at Your altar and ask You to have Your way in my life.  Fill me to overflowing with Your Spirit and let me accurately represent You to Your people.  Help me to walk in the Spirit at all times and be led by You completely.  Direct my steps and let Your will be accomplished in my life at all times.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment