Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Light Has Come

Scripture:

Isaiah 9:2  "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon then hath the light shined".

Observation:

Isaiah here sees a picture of Christ, the Messiah.  He says about Him that the people who walked in darkness have seen a great light.  Jesus said, "I am the light of the world".  He also told us to be light like a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden.  Jesus came to light up the dark areas of this world.

Application:

Darkness disappears when the light is turned on.  We need to invite Jesus to shine into every area of our lives.  We need him to shine in our homes, our personal lives, and our work lives.  We need to see the light and let him lead us.  Where there is light, you can see where you are going.  If Jesus is the light, then we need to follow Him closely.  He knows where we need to go.

Prayer:

Jesus, light up my world.  You are the light of the world.  Shine in my life.  Show me the direction I need to go and make the way clear before me.  Help me to walk in the light at all times and cause me to see clearly what I need to do in every situation.  I want to be led by Your Spirit.  Light up my world!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment