Friday, September 8, 2017

Fear of Man

Scripture:

Proverbs 29:25  "The fear of man bringeth a snare; but whoso putteth his trust in Jehovah shall be safe".

Observation:

In this Proverb, I see that the fear of man puts us in a trap, but putting our trust in God will cause us to be safe.

Application:

It is easy to get caught in the trap of fear of man.  When we fear man and his opinions, over God and His opinions, we will get trapped every time.  Our job is to please God and fear God, not to fear man.  Jesus told us not to fear man who can take our lives, but to fear God who can send us to hell.  When we trust in God, we will be safe from all snares.

Prayer:

Lord, increase my trust in You.  Help me to follow You completely.  I do struggle with wanting people to like me and therefore, somewhat fearing them and what they think.  Help me to trust You more and fear man less.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment