Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Distractions and Excuses

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 11:4  "He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap".

Observation:

Here we are told that those who observe the wind won't end up sowing and those who look at the clouds won't reap.  In other words, if you get distracted by what is going on around you, you won't accomplish anything.  If you make excuses, you won't see a harvest.

Application:

If you are looking for excuses, you will always find them.  If you are easily distracted, you will never get your work done.  This verse tells me that I need to stop making excuses and start being productive.  I need to stop being distracted by so many things around me and get the job done.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to be a person of action.  Help me to accomplish all you want me to.  Teach me not to make excuses, but to do what I need to do.  Show me how to live a productive life and to see Your blessing.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment