Wednesday, July 19, 2017

When it's good and when it's bad

Scripture:

Job 1:21  "and he said, 'Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: Jehovah gave and Jehovah hath taken away; blessed be the name of Jehovah'".

Observation:

Job was incredibly blessed by God.  He had great money, children, and cattle.  When he lost everything, he felt like God had given it and God had taken it away and then he blessed the name of the Lord.  He realized that God wasn't just to be praised when everything was going well, but that He was to be praised when everything was going bad in our eyes.

Application:

We need God to bring us into the place in Him where we bless Him in the good times and bless Him in the bad times.  We must learn that God is in control, whether we are personally going through good or difficult times.  Our praise can't be conditional.  He is worthy, whether I'm seeing blessing or things are falling apart.

Prayer:

Father, You are worthy of my praise.  You are awesome and I love You with all my heart.  Help me not to be a conditional worshiper, but one who worships at all times.  I want Your praise to be continually in my mouth because You are worthy.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment