Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Walk in the Spirit

Scripture:

Galatians 5:16  "But I say, walk in the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh".

Observation:

Paul has been writing this epistle to those who were walking in legalism to Jewish law and trying to make others do the same.  He explains that they are turning away from the grace that saved them.  Here he tells them how to live an exemplary life.  He tells them if they walk in the Spirit, they won't gratify the flesh.

Application:

When we walk in the Spirit, He will let us know what to stay away from, what we can do and should do, and what we need to run from.  He will guide us into all truth according to Jesus.  We need to seek to learn to walk in the Spirit, then we will walk pleasing to the Father.

Prayer:

Holy Spirit, teach me to walk with You.  I want to live the life You want me to.  I want to be filled with You and overflow.   I want to hear Your voice and be led by it.  I want my life submitted to You in every way.  Draw near to me as I draw near to you.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment