Friday, July 7, 2017

Take Courage

Scripture:

Ezra 7:28  "and who extended to me his steadfast love before the king and his counselors, and before all the king's mighty officers.  I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me".

Observation:

Cyrus had originally ordered the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem and Ezra was to oversee it.  Later, Artaxerxes wondered why they were doing this and went through old documents to see if Cyrus had really ordered it.  When he did, he realized that Cyrus had ordered it and felt he should make sure it happened.  He made way for Ezra to continue building the temple.  When Ezra saw how God was working through pagan kings to rebuild His Temple, it says that Ezra took courage because he realized the hand of the Lord was on him.

Application:

When you realize God is on your side and is fighting your battles, your confidence rises.  When you realize that God is in something and you have His backing, your confidence rises.  We have much scripture that tells us God is on our side continually.  We need to realize it and allow confidence to rise within us again.  When the hand of God is undeniable in a situation, your confidence rises, but faith doesn't always "see" God's hand at work, it operates by God's word and his promises.

Prayer:

Father, increase my confidence in You.  I know You are with me always, but help me to see that at greater levels.  Help me to walk in confidence and faith at all times and never doubt.  Let me hear Your voice and be confident in doing what You ask me to do.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment