Thursday, July 20, 2017

Small Beginnings

Scripture:

Job 8:7  "And though thy beginning was small, Yet thy latter end would greatly increase".

Observation:

This was Bildad's impression of following the Lord and how He works with His people.  He was trying to figure out what was going on in his friend's life that caused God to be mad at him.  He understood God to always bless and prosper His people and therefore, he couldn't figure out why his friend was in such a dilemma.

Application:

Bildad's perception of the Lord was that His blessings cause his people to greatly increase, no matter how small their beginnings are.  We must believe that God has good plans for us.  This is rooted in His love for us.  We must believe that in serving Him, there will be blessings that follow and that we will be prosperous.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to see You correctly.   Help me to know that You have great and wonderful plans for my life.  You are incredible and You have demonstrated Your love for me over and over again.  Help me to be more confident in my walk with You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment