Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Remember me O God

Scripture:

Nehemiah 13:30-31 "Thus I cleansed them from everything foreign, and I established the duties of the priests and Levites, each in his work; and I provided for the wood offering at appointed times, and for the firstfruits.  Remember me, O my God for good".

Observation:

Nehemiah understood that God doesn't only look at the heart, but looks at what we did, or did not do, with our lives.  At the end of this book, he says that he had cleansed the people from everything not of God and provided for the sacrifices.  He had done everything he knew to do, then he asked God to remember him for doing it.

Application:

God doesn't forget, but we should be living our lives in obedience to Him and in doing what He wants us to do.  We don't have to question if God will remember us for doing right, but we should be focused on doing right so He has something to remember.  Are we living our lives so that we can say, "Remember me, O God for good"?

Prayer:

Father, help me to live my life with no regrets.  Help me to live in a way that pleases You above all else.  Teach me to follow Your ways.  Let my life be remembered for the good things I have done.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment