Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Contentment

Scripture:

Philippians 4:11 "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content".

Observation:

Paul was talking about finances and thanking them for their giving, but his overall view on life was that he had learned to be content with a little and content with a lot.

Application:

We are always striving for more and better.  Our society doesn't allow us to be content where we are.  It pushes us to have more, be more, accomplish more.  We are pushed to believe that bigger is better and we should never be satisfied.  Somewhere there is a balance where we don't settle for terrible situations, but we are content where God has us at the time.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be content.  Help me in this area.  Show me how to walk in contentment and to get off the bigger is better treadmill.  I know there is great peace and joy in being content.  Help me find it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment