Saturday, July 1, 2017

As Long As

Scripture:

II Chronicles 26:5  "And he set himself to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the vision of God: and as long as he sought Jehovah, God made him to prosper".

Observation:

Uzziah set himself to seek the Lord and he set in order worship and sacrifice, etc.  He turned his nation back to the Lord.  The end of the verse stood out to me this morning, "as long as" he sought the Lord, God made him to prosper.

Application:

As long as we seek the Lord, He prospers our lives.  When we stop seeking Him, the prosperous flow stops.  God is the one who prospers His children.  When things are going good in our lives and we are living prosperous, we must continue to seek the Lord.  Generally, when we see God prospering us, we tend to back off of seeking Him.  That is the time when we need to seek Him the most.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a pursuer of You all the days of my life.  I want to seek You in the good times and seek You in the bad times.  Help me not to grow complacent and forgive me for the complacency that already exists in my life.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment