Monday, July 3, 2017

Answered Prayer

Scripture:

II Chronicles 34:27  "because your heart was tender before God when you heard his words against this place and its inhabitants, and you have humbled yourself before me and have torn your clothes and wept before me, I also have heard you, declares the Lord".

Observation:

Josiah got his prayers answered because of his tender heart toward the Lord.  When he heard the word of the Lord, he tore his clothes, wept and cried before the Lord.  God told him that because he humbled himself in that way, he heard Josiah's prayer.

Application:

When we hear the word of the Lord, our response should be to humble ourselves.  God isn't looking for us to tear our clothes, but he is looking at our hearts to see if we humble ourselves and cry out to him at the Word of the Lord.  When God speaks to us, we need to humble ourselves before the Lord in repentance and true humility.  God love it when His people recognize who He is and bow ourselves before Him.

Prayer:

God, let me always be tenderhearted.  Let me walk before You in humility and brokenness.  When Your word comes to me, let me respond with humility and true repentance.  I want to be real and really tenderhearted.  I want to walk with You daily.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment