Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Abraham's Offspring

Scripture:

Galatians 3:29  "And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise".

Observation:

Paul was arguing his point with the Galatians that the works of the Law and circumcision can't save a person, but faith in Christ and His work.  He argues that we are Abraham's offspring when we are Christ's.  He also says we are heirs according to the promise.  He argues that there is neither Jew nor Greek in Christ, but all who trust Him are heirs.

Application:

God made incredible promises to Abraham about his seed.  As believers in Christ, we become heirs to those promises made to Abraham by faith.  As a gentile, I have the rights of an heir to Abraham's promises through Christ Jesus.  We are not step children, but God's children and heirs of His.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in the promises You promised to my father Abraham through adoption.  Teach me to walk before You humbly and to see Your blessing in my life and family.  Bless my life in every way and let it be evident to everyone around me that my father has blessed me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment