Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Shout of Praise

Scripture:

Ezra 3:11b "And all the people shouted with a great shout when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid".

Observation:

God's people were commissioned by Cyrus to rebuild His temple.  They gladly went about the work a pagan king wanted them to do for the Lord.  As the foundation was laid, the people shouted with a great shout that was heard from far away.  They were extremely emotional to be able to worship God again and they didn't care what anyone thought of them.

Application:

There is something so special about letting out a shout of praise to God.  Many people think it is simply emotionalism, but it is all through the Bible.  Many times we hear that God's people shouted His praise.  Today, we steer away from anything that may seem emotional, but God made our emotions and wants us to use them in praise and worship.  Sometimes we need to give God a shout of praise.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of all the praise I could possibly give You.  You are amazing and I love You with all my heart.  Help me to worship You completely and with everything I have, including my emotions.  You are worthy of all the praise I can express!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment