Wednesday, May 10, 2017

When God Regrets

Scripture:

I Samuel 15:35  "And Samuel did not see Saul again until the day of his death, but Samuel grieved over Saul.  And the Lord regretted that he had made Saul king over Israel".

Observation:

Saul disobeyed God in a few different areas.  He did what he thought was right and acceptable instead of what God had told him to do.  He was more controlled by what people thought than about doing what the Lord had told him to do.  God regretted making Saul king.

Application:

When we make decisions without consulting the Lord or when man's opinion of us is more important than God's opinion of us, we are in trouble.  We must always seek the Lord and His will above all else.  We never want to be in the place where God regrets putting us in the position we are in.  I want God to be happy that He put me where I am, not regretting putting me there.

Prayer:

Father, I don't want you to have any regrets in making me a leader.  I want to serve You well all the days of my life.  Help me to walk humbly before You and to continually seek You all the days of my life.  Teach me to follow closely to all You give me to do.  I want my life to please You above all else.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment