Thursday, May 18, 2017

Restoration

Scripture:

II Samuel 9:7  "And David said to him, 'Do not fear, for I will show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathon, and I will restore to you all the land of Saul your father, and you shall eat at my table always'",

Observation:

David went looking for a descendant of his covenant brother who had died.  He found out there was one son who was still living and David went to him and showed kindness to him.  He restored to him the land of his father and brought him to eat at the kings table.  David went overboard to make sure he blessed Jonathon's son because of all Jonathon had meant to David.

Application:

When you love someone, you bring restoration to them by whatever means possible.  We to be people who bring restoration to people who feel like they deserve to die.  We are called to be people who restore what is broken and heal what is hurt.  We need to seek out those who need restoration and give them what they don't even feel they deserve.

Prayer:

Father, let me be an instrument of restoration today.  Help me to restore what is broken in people's lives and let me be an instrument of blessing and generosity to those who feel they don't deserve it.  Give me opportunity today to be a blessing to those around me and to those who You place in my path.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment