Friday, May 12, 2017

Past Victories Provide for Present Circumstances

Scripture:

I Samuel 21:9  "And the priest said, 'The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom you struck down in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod.  If you take that, take it, for there is none but that here'.  And David said, 'There is none like that; give it to me'".

Observation:

David was running for his life from King Saul.  He was innocent, but hated by Saul because of jealousy.  As he was running and hiding, we needed some weapons for his defense.  He asked Ahimilech if he had a sword David could use and the only one he had was the sword with which David had beheaded Goliath.  God had it there as a reminder to David of what He had done in the past through David.

Application:

Sometimes our past victories will provide what we need for our present circumstances.  There are times we need to look back and recount the blessings of the Lord.  Sometimes we have to look back at how He has brought us through in the past to give us faith for the future.  May God remind us today of past victories and may they help us realize that God is with us and will come through again and again.

Prayer:

Father, help me to realize that You have come through for me time and time again.  Help me to remember all the things today that You have done for me through the years.  Help me to know that You are with me and that You have my back at all times.  Increase my faith.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment