Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I Will Not Be Dominated

Scripture:

I Corinthians 6:12  "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful.  All things are lawful for me, but I will not be dominated by anything".

Observation:

Paul is telling the Corinthians that everything is lawful, but somethings are not wise or helpful.  Some choices we make are not necessarily unlawful, but they are not good for us.  Paul finishes by saying "I will not be dominated by anything".  He is saying that he won't allow anything to control him, but he will exhibit self-control.

Application:

We should take the word of Paul and not allow anything in this world to dominate us.  We were made in the image of God and we need to make a decision to not allow things into our lives that are destructive and that will end up dominating our lives.  We can't allow addictions, habits, or lifestyles that are going to kill us in the long run.  We must be determined that if we see anything in our lives that we are getting dependent on, we must eliminate it.  We are to be controlled by nothing but the Holy Spirit.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to identify bad habits in my life that need corrected.  Help me to live a life that is not dominated by anything or anyone but You.  You are the center of my life and I want to please You first and foremost.  Empower me to live a life that bring You honor and praise.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment