Thursday, May 11, 2017

God Was With Him

Scripture:

I Samuel 18:14  "And David had success in all his undertakings, for the Lord was with him".

Observation:

Everyone, including Saul, could see that the Lord was with David.  He was successful in everything he did because the Lord was with him.  It was a noticeable trait in his life.  People could tell that the Lord was with him.  It was something evident to all.

Application:

David's success caused people to know that the Lord was with him.  It couldn't have just been his success that let everyone know God was with him.  The greatest trait available in our lives would be to have the Lord be with us and for that to be evident to everyone around us because they can see the blessing of God on our lives.  I want the Lord to be in and upon everything I do.  I want to live a life so that people would say, "God was with him".

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to follow You completely.  Help me to hear Your voice accurately.  Help me to walk in obedience in every area.  I want Your hand to be evident on my life.  I want to live my life in such a way that people around me would say that the Lord was with him.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment