Thursday, April 6, 2017

With

Scripture:

Joshua 6:27  "So the Lord was with Joshua, and his fame was in all the land".

Observation:

Joshua took over leadership of Israel when Moses departed.  He had just crossed the Jordan river on dry ground and saw the walls of Jericho fall flat before him.  He did exactly what the Lord told him to do, and God was with him and did all He said He would do.

Application:

The phrase, "the Lord was with", is seen so many times in the Old Testament.  Whenever you see "the Lord was with" someone, they prospered and had incredible success.  When the Lord was with them, they were unstoppable.  Promotion and success followed everyone of whom it was said that the Lord was with them.  The most important thing in our lives is for the Lord to be with us.  When He is with us, promotion, provision, and success will be ours.  God gave us the prescription for Him being with us when He said, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".

Prayer:

Father, I want You to be with me every day of my life.  Help me to live a life that will cause You to walk with me like You did with Moses and Joshua.  I want to know You more and more.  Help me to follow Yours ways and obey every word You give me.  Open me ears and open my eyes to hear and see what You want me to see.  Walk with me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment