Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Lord Stood By Him

Scripture:

Acts 23:11 "The following night the Lord stood by him and said, 'Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome'".

Observation:

Paul was being chased by those who were wanting to kill him because of his talk about Jesus Christ.  The religious rulers of his day were trying to kill him and even made a covenant together that they would not eat until he was dead.  The Romans protected him and while he was in protective custody, the Lord came to him and "stood by him" and told him that he would also testify in Rome.  In his worst time, the Lord stood by him.

Application:

When we are being persecuted unfairly for our faith, we can know that the Lord Jesus will also stand by us.  Those who have walked through true persecution give witness to how powerful the presence of the Lord was when they were going through their most difficult times.  He is faithful to take care of those who are suffering for Him.  We can trust that God will give us what we need in order to follow Him completely.  When we need to know He is there, He will let us know.

Prayer:

Father, help me to know that You are standing by me at all times.  Help me to realize that You will never leave me nor forsake me.  Help me to know that in the most difficult times in my life, that You are right there standing beside me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment