Friday, April 21, 2017

Paul's Clear Calling

Scripture:

Acts 26:18 "to open the their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me".

Observation:

Paul's calling came directly from Jesus.  It was very clear and having a clear calling kept him sure of it and sure of what he needed to do with his life.  He could articulate his purpose in a moment and describe how and when he was called.  Though his life was difficult, this made it easier to face what he was facing at all times.

Application:

We need to seek God until we know why we were created and brought into the Kingdom.  We need to know our purpose and be able to articulate it well.  When we can do this, it takes away all interference with our calling and causes us to be focused on what we are called to do instead of just doing whatever is in front of us.  When we can define our calling, we can pursue it with more and clearer passion.

Prayer:

Lord, reveal to me clearly what I am suppose to be doing with my life.  Help me to stay on track in doing what I am suppose to be doing instead of just doing whatever I have to do.  Help me to accomplish Your will and not my own.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment