Saturday, April 1, 2017

Loving the Right Glory

Scripture:

John 12:43 "for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God".

Observation:

In the context, it says that many of the authorities believed in Jesus, but they did not confess it because they might be put out of the Synagogue.  Jesus goes on to say they loved the glory coming from man more than the glory coming from God.  This was quite a put down from Jesus.

Application:

How many times have we done something, or not done something, because we were afraid of what someone would think?  Often, we don't do what we feel God wants us to because of what man with think.  We all feel the pressure to please man rather than to please God.  We must be cautious in this area because it is so easy to fall into.  We must walk in obedience to God, no matter what man, authorities, etc. feel about it.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in obedience to You at all times.  Help me to say yes to You, even when man doesn't understand why I do what I do.  Help me to live a life pleasing to You over being pleasing to man.  Help me to honor You first in all things.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment