Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Life Through Belief

Scripture:

John 20:31  "but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name".

Observation:

Just prior to this, John records that Jesus did many other signs and things that were not recorded in his writings, but that the things he had written down were to cause you to believe and that through believing, you would have life.

Application:

Life really starts when we believe on Jesus.  When we believe His word and what the Word says about Him, life really begins.  It is in His name that we have life and abundant life.  It is when we are walking with Him that life gets interesting and powerful.  He overcame death, hell and the grave so that we can have life.  We need to live life to the fullest because Christ is in us and with us.  Believing is the key to life.

Prayer:

Lord, as I read Your word, I am amazed by You.  You hold all power and authority in Your hands.  John said that through believing we would have life.  I believe You are the Son of God.  I believe You paid the price for my sins.  I believe You died for me and were raised back to life through the power of the Holy Spirit.  Live through me today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment