Monday, April 3, 2017

Jesus Overcame the World

Scripture:

John 16:33  "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world".

Observation:

Jesus was soon to be betrayed, arrested and give His life for us.  He let His disciples know what was coming so they would not fear.  He said that He told them these things so that in Him, they could have peace.  He confirmed to them that in this world they would have persecution, but also let them know that He had overcome the world so they had nothing to worry about.

Application:

We can be at peace, no matter how bad things get, because we serve the one who has overcome the world.  Jesus told us before He left that in this world we would have persecution.  We can expect it!  There will be difficult times, but he has also overcome the world. We can take heart in the fact that Jesus has overcome the world.  We can rest and have peace because of Him and through Him.  He is the source of strength because He overcame the world.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to rest in You.  Help me to walk in peace in this world, knowing that You have overcome this world.  Give me strength today to trust You more and more.  I know I will have have some tribulation in this world, but You are my peace in the midst of difficult times.  You are my rest when things are not going well.  You are incredible and I appreciate You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment