Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Finish My Course

Scripture:

Acts 20:24  "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God".

Observation:

Paul is realizing through prophetic words that his life is going to get worse and worse.  It is being prophesied that imprisonments and afflictions await him in Jerusalem.  His attitude toward that news is that he doesn't consider his life as precious.  He just wants to finish the ministry God had given to him.

Application:

When we get weary and worn out in ministry, we always look for greener pastures or take a time to rest.  Paul was the exact opposite, when things were going wrong, he felt like he was accomplishing God's will.  We need to be more concerned about finishing our ministry or whatever the Lord has given us to do than how we are feeling at any certain point in time.  We need to finish what God has called us to do instead of looking for easier places to do ministry.

Prayer:

Father, my life is in Your hands.  You are amazing and I love You much.  Help me to finish the course You have called me to.  Help me not to see things like the world does, but to be faithful to You and to the calling You put on my life, no matter what happens around me.  Help me keep the main thing, the main thing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment