Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Because of the Lord

Scripture:

Joshua 2:11  "And as soon as we heard it, our hearts melted, and there was no spirit left in any man because of you, for the Lord your God, he is God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath".

Observation:

Rahab was telling the spies who came to her for help, that her people were scared to death because they had heard the stories of how God was fighting Israel's battles.  Word had gotten out that the God of Israel was powerful and it was causing the hearts of men to faint.  They had heard that God was above all and that no nation could stand against him.

Application:

When God is really working in your life, even your enemies will take notice.  God is all-powerful and nothing is too difficult for Him.  All that come against Him will fail.  He is above every name that is named and is more awesome than anything this world has to offer.  He is greater than all the power of the enemy and His name will be praised.  We have nothing to fear when we walk in obedience to God.  He is amazing!

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for showing me just how awesome You are this morning.  You are truly amazing!  I love You.  I worship You.  I exalt You.  You are all-powerful.  You are my incredible Father and I love You with all my heart.  Help me to walk in confidence that You are my father and that You are with me.  Help me to know that You will fight my battles like you did for Joshua.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment