Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Generational Ministry

Scripture:

"And you shall anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister to Me as priests".

Observation:

When God called Aaron to walk with Moses and be a priest, He also called Aaron's sons. Aaron's sons were actually anointed together with their father from the beginning. The priestly ministry was to be a generational ministry that would be passed on from father to son. I see here that the sons didn't wait until their father died to inherit the ministry, but that they were part of the ministry from the beginning.

Application:

I have two sons. I want them both to be used mightily for the glory of God. I want them to follow the Lord every day of their lives and to be examples to others of the goodness of God. I realize that today we are all priests unto the Lord, but I do want my sons to be part of the ministry and I want to train them well to serve the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, make me the father You want me to be for my sons. Show me how to involve them in ministry, yet choose for themselves what to do with their lives as an occupation. Let ministry be seen as a great joy to my wife and sons. Let it not be seen as a negative on their lives, but an incredible positive. Let me light shine in my family that my children will want what daddy has and want to serve the Lord that daddy serves.

Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment