Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unbelief and Dishonor

Scripture:

Matthew 13:57-58 "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometowm and among his own family. And so he did only a few miracles their because of their unbelief".

Observation:

Jesus himself was only able to do a few miracles in his own hometown because of the unbelief of the people. Everywhere He went, incredible things happened, but in His own hometown, He could not do any mighty works. This is sad, but true. The people who could have and should have been Jesus greatest helpers were full of unbelief. I do notice that it was their unbelief that stopped the miracles from flowing. Their unbelief was the result of knowing Him and seeing Him grow up.

Application:

I believe the same reaction happens today in a big way. A minister can go out into all the world and preach the gospel with incredible results, then come home to his own people and it seems like nothing happens. We must not limit God because we know a person too well. We must come believing that God can use this person even though we know their flaws. We must mature to the place where we can see people's faults, yet receive from their ministry. We must learn that God uses all kinds of people.

Prayer:

Lord, don't let me miss something You are doing because I have an issue with the delivery person. Help me to honor your servants and believe that You can use them for Your glory, even when I don't like something about them. Help me not to be critical and judgmental of others in any way. Help me Lord, I want to be a believer and I want to see all that You can do!

Love,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment