Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rise Up and Take Action!

Scripture:

Exodus 4:13 "But he said, 'O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send'".

Observation:

God had spoken to Moses and told him to go and speak to Pharaoh. He had demonstrated signs and wonders that Moses would have in order to convince Pharaoh and the children of Israel that God was with him. God gave him everything he needed for the job, but Moses still felt he couldn't do it. He tells the Lord to send someone else because he felt he didn't have what it takes to do what God was putting in front of Him.

Application:

When God tells you to do something, don't argue with Him about your feelings of inadequacy. Rather, stand up and say "yes Lord", then deal with your own feelings of inadequacy. God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. God reluctantly allowed another person to go and be the spokesperson for Moses, but it was not God's first choice. I don't want anything the Lord has given me to do ending up done by someone else who said "yes Lord". We must rise up and take action when He calls and leave timidity and fear behind.

Prayer:

Father, I struggle with not feeling adequate many times. As Moses, I feel like someone else could do a better job. Help me to walk in confidence and not waiver about the call of God on my life. Teach me to serve You better and work with me when I want to say "send someone else".

I Love You,

Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment