Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It Was God!

Scripture:

Genesis 45:5 "Don't be upset, and don't be angry with yourselves for selling me to this place. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives".

Observation:

Joseph had just revealed himself to his brothers and he knows that they feel terrible about what they had done to him. He tells them not to be angry with themselves because God had His hand in the whole situation so that He could bless the family through Joseph. Joseph had an amazing ability to see God working in absolutely terrible situations to bring about good. When most people would be ready to kill their brothers, he forgives and blesses them. He sees God's hand in all of his personal suffering. What an amazing attitude!

Application:

Joseph said, "It was God" who allowed me to be put into slavery so that I could bless you guys now. We need to see things more like Joseph. Truly trusting God means that I trust He will give me what I need and will only allow in my life things that will one day be a blessing. Instead of taking things into our own hands, God wants us to trust Him and to realize that the very things in our lives that don't seem to be working out well, He will use to become a blessing to us. When bad things happen, I want to respond like Joseph.

Prayer:

Lord, help me with my attitude. When bad things happen to me, let me see your hand at work. When good things happen, I feel blessed. When bad things happen, I don't. Help me to see Your hand of providence going before me and working out the details of my life. Help me to trust that You know what is best for me and you know my tomorrow and what I will need to walk through it. Once again I put my life in your hands.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment