Thursday, May 26, 2011

God Delivers with Style

Scripture:

Exodus 12:35-36 "Now the children of Israel had done according to the word of Moses, and they had asked from the Egyptians articles of silver, articles of gold and clothing. And the Lord had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they granted them what they requested. Thus they plundered the Egyptians."

Observation:

God had spoken to Moses before the 10th plague and told him to tell the people of Israel to ask their neighbors for their gold, silver and clothing before the Exodus. The people of Egypt saw the hand of God in the plagues and were willing to give them anything they wanted as they were leaving. When Pharaoh finally let them go, the people had plundered the Egyptians and went out with incredible amounts of wealth. God delivered them with style and they were able to walk away, plundering the Egyptians without a fight.

Application:

God is God! He doesn't change and He stills delivers in style. He still sets His people free and blesses them incredibly. One of the beauties of this story is that the people listened to the voice of Moses, who spoke on God's behalf, and acted accordingly. God always gives us the way of provision, but many times we either don't hear His voice, or just don't want to do what we fell Him telling us to do. I have told my children a thousand time "Obedience brings blessing". I want to be obedient to all God speaks to me and then see His blessing in my life.

Prayer:

Lord, first I want to hear Your voice clearly, then I want a heart to do all You put in my heart. I want to honor You all the days of my life. You have been too good to me! You are faithful to Your word and I want to be faithful to You. I need a financial miracle Lord and I look to You to give me a word about it.

Sincerely,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment