Monday, May 9, 2011

Can we find such a one?

Scripture:

Genesis 41:38 "And Pharaoh said to his servants, 'Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?'"

Observation:

Pharaoh had just seen Joseph interpret his dreams and give him a game plan to survive the famine that was coming. God had used Joseph to interpret Pharaoh's dream and now Pharaoh was looking for someone to implement the plans Joseph gave him to save Egypt. He noticed Joseph's wisdom, discernment, and ability and realized the Spirit of God was on Joseph's life.

Application:

Can people see the Spirit of God in my life? Am I living in such a way that an unbelieving Pharaoh would look at my life and know that the Spirit of God was in my life? I love the way Pharaoh describes Joseph, "a man in whom is the Spirit of God". I want to be a person who the ungodly people would say, "he is a man in whom the Spirit of God lives". I want to live a life that makes unbelievers jealous.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me Your ways. Help me grow in you every day. I want Your Spirit to be seen in my life by those who don't know You. Help me live a life you can bless in front of this world every day. Let my testimony be real and powerful among those who don't know You. I love the story of Joseph and want to live a life as honorable as his.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment