Wednesday, May 4, 2011

And He Shall be Blessed

Scripture:

Genesis 27:33 "The Isaac trembled exceedingly, and said, 'Who? Where is the one who hunted game for and brought it to me? I ate all of it before you came, and I have blessed him - and indeed he shall be blessed'".

Observation:

Isaac understood the power of his blessing and the power of his words. Most of us, in this same situation, would simply say, "I made a mistake, come here and I will bless you also". Isaac knew that when words are spoken, they are powerful and cannot be taken back. What he had already spoken would come to pass. Even though the blessing came through trickery, Isaac knew that the blessing would stand because God would honor the words of his mouth.

Application:

We need to be careful of what we say. "death and life are in the power of our tongues". When we speak, we put into motion the power of God. May we come to the place where we understand how powerful our words are and may we begin to use them wisely to bring blessing. Speak life, love and liberty, and blessing will follow! Let our words be filled with blessing and not cursing.

Prayer:

Lord, let me understand better the power of our words. Let me use my words wisely. help to think about my words and not just say the first thing that comes to my mind. Let my words bring life and not death to anyone. Let my mouth be a river of blessing to those around me and let my words be used to say what You desire. Let me be your mouthpiece to bring forth the word of the Lord.

Sincerely,
Jeff Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment