Monday, May 16, 2011

Acknowledged in Heaven

Scripture:

Matthew 10:32 "Everyone who acknowledges Me publicly here on earth, I will acknowledge before My father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my father in heaven."

Observation:

Jesus is sending out His 12 disciples to spread the word, to preach, teach, heal and cast out devils. As He is sending them, He makes this statement, "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly on earth, I will acknowledge before my father in heaven". This statement is so powerful as it tells us we will be acknowledged before God by Jesus when we step out and share our faith in Him with others.

Application:

If we want our names recognizable in heaven, we must not be afraid to be recognized for Christ here on the earth. As we are bold for God before men here on earth, He will get bold before the father on our behalf. We must become more bold witnesses for the Lord. I want to share my faith more in the coming months than I ever have. I want to spread the good news of Christ to the world.

Prayer:

Lord, take away the timidity of speaking to others about You.Help me be bold for you, that you may be bold for me. I am not ashamed of the Gospel, but sometimes I whimp out on sharing it, even when I feel You leading me to do it. Forgive me for not obeying in times like that and give me strength to witness to someone every day.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment