Friday, May 21, 2010

My Mission

Scripture:

Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man has come to seek and save that which was lost".

Observation:

Jesus had just invited himself to the home of Zaccheus, who was a tax collector and sinner. The religious people of the day were upset that he would enter the home of and eat with a sinner and tax collector, which was the most dishonest profession someone could have. Jesus responds to those questioning him, "the Son of Man has come to seek and save that which was lost". He went right to the heart of his mission and didn't mind saying what his mission was.

Application:

If Jesus' mission was to seek and to save the lost, I want to be on the same mission. I want to see people come to Christ! I love being around sinners and people who are not saved. It keeps my mission before me at all times. We need to take on the mission of Jesus who was always looking for the next person to minister to. He was always seeking and always saving. Let's be about our father's business.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be more about your business. I want seeking and saving the lost to be more than just a statement that rolls out of my mouth, but a lifestyle of personal evangelism. Train me, teach me, help me keep my focus on seeking and saving that which was lost.

I Love You Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment