Thursday, May 27, 2010

Knowing and Doing

Scripture:

John 13:17 "Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them".

Observation:

Jesus had been talking to His disciples about servanthood and had just washed their feet. He tells them that they need to do to each other what He had just done for them. At the end of this speaking on washing feet Jesus makes one statement that is so powerful that sometimes we miss it. He says, "Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them".

Application:

The blessing doesn't come on knowing God's word, but on doing it. You can know all of God's promises and know the Bible backwards and forwards, but if you don't do what it says, you can't be blessed. Many people want to be blessed, but they don't want to live a life that God can bless, then they get mad at God for not blessing them. God wants us to do what He says first, then His blessing will follow. One person may know little scripture and do it, another may know much, but do little. I'd rather be the one who knew little and did what he knew.

Prayer:

Lord, James said for us to be doers of the Word and not hearers only. Help me to apply Your Word to my life every day and begin to be better at "doing" what I know to do. I want to grow in the fruit of the Spirit. Help me as I give it my best try. I want to be a doer of what You Word says and I want my life to exemplify Christ.

I Love You Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment