Monday, May 10, 2010

Fear and Faith

Scripture:

Mark 4:40 "Then He asked them, 'Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?'"

Observation:

Jesus had just rebuked the wind and calmed a storm. His disciples woke him up because they were terrified they were going to drown. He speaks and the wind and waves stop, then He addresses His disciples with two questions, "Why are you afraid?" and "Do you still have no faith?"

Application:

In this section of Scripture and in others, fear and faith are seen as opposites. When there is true faith, fear must go away! Faith and fear cannot coexist. When we really trust God in every are of our lives, there will be no place for fear. When we are fully committed to the Lord and trust Him with our lives, fear will leave. Most of us never come to that place. We trust the Lord, but hold onto fear. We must let go of fear if we are ever going to do His will. Fear will hold you back from fulfilling God's will for your life.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to lead a faith filled, fear destroying life. I want to serve You 100% and not allow fear to stop me from accomplishing what you desire for me. Help me to make the hard decisions and trust You for the outcome. You are my strength and my deliverer! I want to trust You more and be controlled by fear less.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment